Friday, September 28, 2007

Kaya Sushi - Part II

I know I already wrote about this place but I didn't feel like I did it any justice. This is Kaya...our favorite place for both Japanese appetizers and yummy non-traditional sushi/rolls. Be prepared for a long wait...but don't worry cause the wait is SO WORTH IT!

Agedashi Tofu

This is the best agedashi tofu in all of L.A - 4 stars all the way! It's light and fluffy, fresh and perfectly cripsy, laid over a sweet and light soy sauce and generously garnished with bonito flakes.

Dragon Roll II

Spicy tuna roll topped with unagi and avocado


Baked Cheesy California Roll

Topped with baked mozzarella cheese and roasted pearl tomatoes


Fisherman's Dynamite

This is an amazing baked dish with scallops, salmon, shrimp and mushrooms - make sure you order a side of rice to soak up the sauce!


Sukiyaki (Beef)

J and I always get this cause we love the flavors and they load it up with gobo, tofu, napa cabbage and heaping amounts of beef - yummmy!

I cannot say enough about Kaya. This is our GO-TO place. Granted it's not your traditional sushi house, but the fish is always fresh, the BEST Amaebi EVER - even beats NYC's Tomoe...I am craving it as I write!

I love Kaya and soo glad that it's only 10 minutes away from home :) Oh yeah, don't forget to beat the drums on your way out...compliments to the chefs!


13400 Washington Blvd

Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Tel. (310) 577-1143

http://www.kayasushi.com/

No comments: