Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Favorite Chinese Restos

I am so glad I don't live in the SGV cause I'd be at these places everyday.....

Dim Sum

1) NBC Seafood (Monterey Park) - by far the best dimsum - ample seating, amazing ha gao, siu mai, sticky rice in lotus leaf, bean curd rolls, spare rib rice, and of course, chicken feet. And not just the dimsum, but the meals are amazing too...Monday-Friday seafood menu, the amazing crabs (cooked any style), fish maw soup, clams in stewed eggs (trust me, it's good), and filet of sole with mixed veggies...yummmmmm

2) Sam Woos (SGV) (the one on the third floor in Focus Plaza) - the wait can be long but the siu mai is awesome (has a big ole shrimp on top)

3) Ocean Star (Monterey Park) - definitely a long wait but well worth it too...there is always Starbucks downstairs if the wait gets too long...

4) Sea Empress (Torrance) - I came here once with Steph and loved it! We ordered a lot for three people, but it was sooo good. Better than Sam Woos, but NBC still rules.

HotPot

Two words: Lu-Gi (San Gabriel). I love this place. The yin-yang soup is the BEST IN TOWN. It's got everything you need - lamb, beef, all types of veggies, frozen tofu, fujian fish balls (Fish balls with meat inside) and all types of mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, oyster, etc).

Other notables - Little Sheep (San Gabriel) (it's not ma-lah hotpot, but still pretty good),

Chinese Food-Food

1) Sam Woo's BBQ (San Gabriel) - Lobster ma-po tofu (it's everything I love in one pot of goodness). Amazing roast pork, BBQ pork, roast duck and duck wings. This is a staple in my diet and I come here at least once a month
2) Nature' Pagoda (San Gabriel)- Different varieties of pot rice and some of the best herbal soups in town (just like how mom made it).
3) Mao's Kitchen (Venice) - you'd be surprised how great this little place is...yes, it's right in Venice and I never thought that there would be good Chinese on the westside...but I was wrong!
4) NBC Seafood (Monterey Park) - as mentioned above.
5) Shanghai Kitchen (2nd floor of focus plaza San Gabriel) - Steph and I love the Hunan Tilapia...except we need a million glasses of water to go with it cause it's sooooo spicey!
6) Dragon Mark (San Gabriel and Rowland Heights) - Great taiwanese xiao chi - beef stew noodles, pork chop rice, minced pork rice, xiao long bao, green onion pancake, meat buns.

That's it.....for now :)

No comments: